iPhone Experience with TAIG JB v 1.2.0

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AndrewR23, Dec 28, 2014.

1. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

It JB my phone in like 25 seconds. After Jb my I opened cydia and its taking a long time to prepare filesystem.

How has your experience been? Battery life? thx

2. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

That is normal for Cydia to take some time to setup the first time. It's a very stable jailbreak. The jailbreak itself doesn't drain your battery, tweaks installed after can cause some drain depending on how many resources are used.

3. Corey Jacobson macrumors newbie

the newest version worked well for me. battery life has improved since 8.1.1

4. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

5. Ncompletelife macrumors newbie

what i wanna know, i asked in another taig thread. When you open cydia and let it prepare did anyone else get documents and data added ? My phone was completely clean and after opening cydia it added all sorts of documents and data 700mb worth. Pangu never did that for me.

6. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

what documents are these? Do you have examples or locations of this docs?

7. acm1108 macrumors regular

So I was on the original Pangu JB for 8.1, and would have constant force closes & reboots/resprings (3-4x a day). It got really annoying and this weekend I said enough was enough. Did a complete clean restore to 8.1.2 and jailbroke with TAIG.

3 days in and no Reboots or FC's.

Don't know if it was an app I download previously, or a tweak I had that was causing the problem, but I'm glad I upgraded.

Total process took me about ~30 mins to get set up. Only complaint I have was I lost all my iMessage convos

8. scott0492 macrumors newbie

went dead smooth for me as well, I came from Android and rooting those devices, it was so easy to JB my iphone it was funny :cool:

9. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

nope. no difference for me.

10. Ncompletelife macrumors newbie

the current photo is with everything installed but on my iphone it made no difference. I restored completely to new. Didnt download anything, didnt set up anything at all not even connected to icloud or anything. Jailbroke it open cydia and the blue part is what im talking about. It was same file size it did not show up untill i open cydia. Before when i jailbroke with pangu this DID NOT happen. So i know they are not files related to cydia or anything because this has never happen with any other jail break ever.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      24.9 KB
      Views:
  11. blueflower macrumors 6502

And here I was thinking that these reboots and resprings were due to some tweak or tweaks that I had not yet identified as being troublemakers. I'm on pangu 7.1.2 jailbreak.

12. acm1108 macrumors regular

And it very well could be some tweaks I installed. But Since I've reformatted and re-jailbroke no issues.