Experience with the new trackpad - Drag and Drop

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bliblablo, Oct 20, 2008.

1. bliblablo macrumors newbie

Hey,
    i'm thinking of buying a macbook for the first time... i'm pretty excited.
    but as i'm waiting for my store to get some, i was wondering if or how you can drag and drop with the new trackpad. You would have to push down the whole "button" and then move while pressed? i guess thats not very easy... is it?
    if i'm in google maps and looking around i gues that would suck....
    Any experience so far?

Greetings, bliblablo

2. elgaez macrumors newbie

Yes you can drag and drop. I don't even push the button down. You don't really need to use that option. When configuring the touchpad, there's mini videos that show you how to use it.

3. bliblablo thread starter macrumors newbie

so you do it with one and a half klicks?
    like taping it the tap again and stay on the trackpad? (sorry if this is not propper english :rolleyes: )
    i tell you... i'm so excited for my first mac ever :) can't wait...
    i'd love to watch movies about it till i get it ;)

4. elgaez macrumors newbie

You double tap and hold/drag on the 2nd tap. But you can let go once you can drag and move it around then tap again to drop.

I wouldn't call the videos "movies" more like clips since they're just a couple seconds long each just to show you all the touchpad actions.

5. bliblablo thread starter macrumors newbie

i meant clips about the new mbp... :) just to shorten the time to the arrival of my mbp :)

6. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

iwuzbord

congrats!

personally, the trackpad seems pretty weird to me. i feel as if i need a physical button there. just my prefrence though.

this one button thing reminds me of some of the things ive been reading about the blackberry storm/thunder. ill head over to an apple store tomorrow and check it out :D