Experience with TV connectivity

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yahoobuckaroo, Sep 20, 2011.

1. yahoobuckaroo macrumors newbie

Good morning Gurus -
    1st post here on macrumors, so go easy on me.
    Looking for any information on connecting my MBP to my sharp aquos hdtv - specifically, can it be done wirelessly. I have successfully connected the two with an HDMI cable from the mini display port, but wirelessly is so much more efficient.

Is AppleTV an option? Can that device pick up whatever is on the computer screen and display it on a larger monitor (TV?)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks people. Look forward to hearing your opinions.

2. Dhelsdon, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011

Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

As far as I know there is nothing out there in the way of wireless display.

Edit: Nevermind, I just found this. It's kind of expensive but it is possible. I just don't really see a point because you'd still have to buy a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, then run an hdmi cord from that into the sending device.

3. rcrescenzi macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my MBP (mid 2010) to my AQUOS by HDMI-HDMI cable and an HAMA HDMI miniport adapter. At this moment i've tried with original and new OSX but the result is "No SIGNAL".
    As you have said your direct connection works well, could tell me your setup pls?

Thank you and good luck for your wireless connection!

4. christeeezy macrumors member

Apple TV is great for playing music and videos/movies from your iTunes library on your HDTV. But, no you can't broadcast whatever is on the computers screen onto the TV. I should also note that Apple TV only does 720p.

Other than products similar to what was posted above, there is no easy/cheap way to do what you want wirelessly.