Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Wife and I both got the iPhone 5S on launch day (both AT&T 32GB, gold for her, space grey for me). Have now been on 3 different firmware versions - 7.0, 7.0.1 & 7.0.2

For me the "colorful" change in iOS7 has taken some major getting used to, wife loves bright colors. I believed I would hate iOS7 but have adapted to it.

The performance of both of our phones has been amazing ! We have really had no issues what-so-ever.
Battery life is phenomenal (battery on iPhone 5 was dismal). We have both "pounded" our phones all day long to test the batteries and we can get 18-20 hours before dropping below 20%. We are taking great care not to charge them until battery gets below 20%.
Wifi connection is flawless ! Not a drop for either phone since walking out of the Apple Store. And moving from one Wifi to a different Wifi is quick and again flawless.
All the other apps owners complain about in iOS7 have worked 100% for us.
We have found the amount of tweaking we can do with the Settings to be more than adequate to tailor our setup to our individual tastes.
The new features are a welcome improvement, hope Apple continues to "leech" from the jailbreak community.
All of the apps work as they were designed on both devices.
The fingerprint sensor has been flawless for both of us.

The one negative is the minimalistic Calendar app. I purchased Fantastical and it does the job. Hopefully Apple with receive enough complaints and will enrich the Calendar app with some of it's old attributes.
Oh, and Siri is still a joke.

Both of our phones were set up without using a restore to backup. I am a firm believer doing this imports many "gremlins" into a new device or into new firmware. I use settings to configure from scratch and I use the tabs in iTunes to restore content only. I believe this is a major reason our phones and firmware are trouble free.

As a reference, I gave up a jailbroken iPhone 5 with 150 Cydia hacks/apps and I do not miss the jailbreak (hardly at all :) )

docal97

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
Southampton
Wife and I both got the iPhone 5S on launch day (both AT&T 32GB, gold for her, space grey for me). Have now been on 3 different firmware versions - 7.0, 7.0.1 & 7.0.2

For me the "colorful" change in iOS7 has taken some major getting used to, wife loves bright colors. I believed I would hate iOS7 but have adapted to it.

The performance of both of our phones has been amazing ! We have really had no issues what-so-ever.
Battery life is phenomenal (battery on iPhone 5 was dismal). We have both "pounded" our phones all day long to test the batteries and we can get 18-20 hours before dropping below 20%. We are taking great care not to charge them until battery gets below 20%.
Wifi connection is flawless ! Not a drop for either phone since walking out of the Apple Store. And moving from one Wifi to a different Wifi is quick and again flawless.
We have found the amount of tweaking we can do with the Settings to be more than adequate to tailor our setup to our individual tastes.
The new features are a welcome improvement, hope Apple continues to "leech" from the jailbreak community.

The one negative is the minimalistic Calendar app. I purchased Fantastical and it does the job. Hopefully Apple with receive enough complaints and will enrich the Calendar app with some of it's old attributes.

Both of our phones were set up without using a restore to backup. I am a firm believer doing this imports many "gremlins" into a new device or into new firmware. I use settings to configure from scratch and I use the tabs in iTunes to restore content only. I believe this is a major reason our phones and firmware are trouble free.

As a reference, I gave up a jailbroken iPhone 5 with 150 Cydia hacks/apps and I do not miss the jailbreak (hardly at all :) )

Nice post. Glad you 2 love the news phones. Siri is getting better and is improved from the previous OS, but it still has a ways to go. Lots of limitations based on cell/wifi connectivity. Would be very helpful if the iphone could store alot of the SIRI data, etc.

I have also found battery life to be very good. And the new phone is fast!!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Nice post. Glad you 2 love the news phones. Siri is getting better and is improved from the previous OS, but it still has a ways to go. Lots of limitations based on cell/wifi connectivity. Would be very helpful if the iphone could store alot of the SIRI data, etc.

I have also found battery life to be very good. And the new phone is fast!!

I tend to compare Siri and Google voice search.

IMHO Google wins every time.

Samanosuke

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2013

I'm glad our experiences match :)

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012

Believer in the same reason, I do not restore from backup ever as well. It's convenient that iCloud can now do the syncing of contents over for you now, as compared to before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.