Experience with Xerox Phaser 6110/N?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dpaanlka, Sep 4, 2007.

1. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Any user opinions of this printer? How is it for the price? Its the lowest price major brand name networkable color laser printer I can find. I really rather not buy a used printer.

Besides, how cool would it be to say you have a XEROX instead of the same old boring HP.

2. MK2007 macrumors regular

The Xerox Phaser 6110/N has comparable quality to the HP 2600n, which I own. I paid under $300 for the HP 2600n. Its quality is excellent. Lexmark also has a decent printer, but it costs slightly more than the HP and Xerox -- and it is loud.

I recommend that you avoid other printers in this price class. They are mediocre quality for one reason or another. I tried a couple of these printers and returned them. The price of the HP 2600n came down just as I was ready to buy, so the timing was perfect.

You should research the price of the toner, too. Color lasers seem to use up toner quickly. Compare the toner costs as you decide on a model. In the year I have owned my 2600n I have replaced two of the toner cartridges.