Experienced Jailbreaker / First Time Unlocker

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BornToMac, Nov 11, 2010.

1. BornToMac macrumors 6502a

BornToMac

Hey guys, I have been jailbreaking since my wife's 1st gen iPhone up through 2) 3G's and 1) iPhone4 (no 3GS's). I have a Mac and have been using pwnage tool since Pwnage tool 3.1. A coworker of mine wants me to unlock her iPhone 3G for overseas use and I am not sure if it is possible. Since I am new to the unlock scene, can you guys help me make some sense of conflicting info I have found on the forums?

The phone in questions is an Iphone 3G
    running 4.1
    baseband 05.14.02
    firmware 8B117

Is it possible to unlock at this time or am I screwed b/c of the 05.14.02 baseband? Assume no shsh blobs have been saved.

Also, I know that 4.2 JB will be released over the next couple of weeks. If indeed this phone can't be unlocked due to the baseband, what are the odds that the dev team will be able to unlock it in the next revision of pwnage tool (if anyone can know the answer to that at this time).

Thanks in advance.

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

The 5.14 baseband cannot be unlocked today. However, a new version of ultrasn0w is expected within days for that baseband on the 3G and 3GS.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

He/she already updated to 4.1 and updated the baseband, currently that BB is not unlockable (It may be after 4.2 Jailbreak tool release, not way to know as now, you just have to wait and see)

5. BornToMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

BornToMac

Good deal guys. Thanks for the help. I figured as much, but my coworker is pretty hot so it would have been nice to come through for her. I will tell her to hold on for the time being.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can still come thru hopefully in a week or so and maybe she'll reward you:D
    lol

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You don't really need a unlock to come "through" for her...just FYI :D

8. BornToMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

BornToMac

Ah, yes... Unfortunately we are both married. But she is hot and European so any little bit goes a long way.