Experienced user having problems with folders

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rufi, Jul 19, 2011.

1. rufi macrumors newbie

Hi all,

This may sound like such a noob question but I cannot seem to get it to work.

I have struggled to be able to get the display size of files the same across all of the folders on my system. I would have thought by going into the View Options of the folder and setting the current settings to be the default, all of the files would visually be the same size system wide...why is this not the case?

I know it's a small issue but it has been driving me mad everytime I go into a folder i have to resize the window and change icon size. Additionally is there a way to keep the finder window size constant throughout the system?

Thanks,

R

2. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Same here. I guess it remembers the last time you were in a folder with the last display sizes. But for me its all different, I like my photos as thumbnails and my larger music files as a lists.

3. rufi thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm afraid I have tried this, but because that all the folders have been customised seperately the 'Use as defaults' button does not work.

I have also just installed lion and still seems as if nothing has been changed to fix this.

I'm sure there must be others having the same issue