experiences with fingerprint privacy managers?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by schmidt190, May 13, 2008.

1. schmidt190 macrumors member

2. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

I remember tricking my old Microsoft Fingerprint reader with a Xerox of my fingerprint.

I'd say these are gimmicks.

3. phannon666 macrumors regular

Very poor and useless, I've heard of them being tricked by simply breathing on them, causing condensation to form in the shape of the fingerprint.

4. twitter macrumors member

5. schmidt190 thread starter macrumors member

but do any of you have actual experience with this product?
    its great that you heard about all these things, but this costs like $50 bucks... i dont think that you can just breathe on it...

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

So you think that just because it costs $50 that it is a quality product? You must be easily fooled.

7. schmidt190 thread starter macrumors member

thats not the point, its came up in the macworld conference expo, and won the 2007 CES (the Consumer Electronics Show) for the award of best innovations. im saying that this looks like a quality product, i doubt it would be easy to hack.
    plus, who would go to all that trouble? unless someone stole my mbp and wanted to get into it, im just a college kid, its not like i have valuable personal info in my machine.

just looking for someone with experience with this particular product.

8. Chrysaor macrumors 6502

I have built-in fingerprint reader on my XPS M1530 Hackintosh, using it with UPEK software. It is working pretty good, makes it very convenient, no need to type login or authentication passwords anymore.