Experiences with refurbished iPhones from Apple.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Caris, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

Gonna get mine replaced tomorrow and send it back to Apple. They told me I wont get my original phone back it will be a refurb, anyone had one and could they tell me what they have been like? Any marks on them? dust behind screen, dead pixels, cracks in casing etc?

Thanks.

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

I've had 2 replacements over the past 2 1/2 years and all of them were perfect.

If I'm not mistaken the screen and casing are all replaced in the refurb process.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

The outer shell and the battery are definitely new on replacement iPhones/iPods, not sure about the screen.

OP, it comes with a 90-day warranty, or the remainder if your iPhone's warranty (whichever is longer). If you have a problem with the replacement, they'll be able to swap you out again.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Actually, I just had to get my iPhone replaced with a refurb. They use a brand new case, so you won't have any scratches, as well as a new LCD and battery. Mine was perfect. However, the wifi didn't work, so I had to go back for another refurb. The 2nd one was perfect in every way.

Edit: +1 to what the poster above said about the warranty.

5. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

I had my original 3G replaced with a refurb one from apple and it was FLAWLESS. It worked perfectly for 8 months until i decided to upgrade to the 3G S⃣ . At which point I turned around and sold the refurb 3G to a VERY happy buyer for $200.:)

6. dread macrumors 6502a

I had my 3gs replaced 6 times, the last being a refurb while the first 5 were new. The refurb is the only phone that worked correctly. I think refurbs are better because they get tested more, plus the case, battery and screen are new. I would take a refurb over new phone any day.

7. daytoncj macrumors member

I've also had two over the past 3 years. I had one issue with the mic not working. Took it to the apple store and it was replaced within 5 minutes. I've had pretty good luck with the refurbs. Especially for the price.