Experiences with the MBP keyboard for gaming

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Claus16, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Claus16 macrumors newbie

Claus16

I'm thinking about buying the latest MBP, but I am a bit scared that I will not enjoy the keyboard, especially for gaming. I am not a very heavy gamer, but I do enjoy playing a little Diablo or WoW every now and then. So I was wondering whether anyone has experience with the MBP keyboard when playing games. Is it comfortable? Is it comfortable for long stretches of time?

Hope I can get some feedback on this.

Thanks!

2. leman macrumors G3

I wouldn't use it for any more or less serious competitive gaming (I wouldn't use the MBP for it at all), but it's certainly doable. I mean, I play playerunknown's battlegrounds on my MBP and it's okish, not optimal, but not too bad

3. aevan macrumors 68020

aevan

This is very personal, but I play Diablo 3 on my 2016 MBP and it's quite fine, I play it for hours. For me, at least. I played WoW just a bit and it was ok.

But, again, only you can say if it's comfortable for you. I can only tell you that I played a lot of Necromancer on mine :)

4. Mindinversion macrumors 6502

Mindinversion

It's actually not that bad. . . providing you can teach yourself not to bang on the keys with the force of a jackhammer. I'll spare you the "gaming on a mac" speech, as I'm sure you already know what you're getting into [Blizzard DOES support metal, though it's in beta] and skip to "you have to go sit in front of one somewhere and feel the keys for about 20 minutes or so and see if you can get used to it. Personally, I love the keyboard, and I enjoy playing D3 and HoTS on mine.

5. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

I find it okay for a few hours or so but I don't really game that much these days. Never have on a laptop anyway, if it was something I was doing regularly I would be looking at external keyboard setup, as I would with any laptop.

I think it's okay for simulation games, but FPS style I find the low travel annoying. No multiplayer competitive stuff though.