Experiencing Graphics Issue on rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Raptura, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Raptura, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012

Raptura macrumors 6502

Raptura

I'm hoping to have some questions answered as well as other people's experiences with screen tearing on their rMBP.

I've been experiencing what I believe is screen tearing on my rMBP the last few days. The first time it occurred I kinda overlooked it and it went away with a restart. It's not your typical screen tear where it remains on the screen where you can take a screenshot of it, but rather the screen flashes quickly and looks distorted for a split second. This has happened twice more and it happens when I'm running flash on Safari or Chrome. Once it happens, the issue gets worse when viewing YouTube views and when scrolling; the flashing happens more often.

I've decided to take it to the Apple Store tomorrow to see what's up, but as I don't have any screenshots as proof and because it happens randomly, I'm not sure what to say to the Geniuses at the Apple Store.

Questions:

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do?
    What should I say at the Apple Store so they know I have a real problem, not just imagining it (as I can't duplicate it on my own)?
    If the graphics need repair, will they be able to repair it or have to replace the entire machine?

Thanks.

EDIT:

OH YEAH! I found a video of someone who had this problem. It's exactly the same as this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq0l-bHmSYE

2. inlinevolvo macrumors 6502