Expert Needed.....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fuzion11, Oct 2, 2010.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Hello Mr. or Miss. Expert.....

I'm hoping you can help me out with the following.

I purchased a sound board app from the app store...I used iFile to navigate to this apps folder. I found the sound file I want to use within iMovie. I tried pasting this sound file inside the iPod app but it doesn't show up in the iPod's song list.

I've tried respringing after the paste and it still doesn't show up. I even tried pasting the sound file into the Voice Memo app...still no luck, it doesn't show up in there either.

How can I successfully move this file into the iPod so I can use it in iMovie on my iP4????

Thanks in advance.....

James

2. strodda macrumors regular

not sure if there is a quicker or easier way, since i dont have the app on hand... but cant you just use ifile/ssh, whatever you want, to copy the sound file to your computer. then convert it to a mp3, if its not already, and then drag into itunes.

i think, when you add music to itunes, it converts them so they cant be easily "shared"... so you cant just drag a file into the ipod folder within the phone.

what is the name of the soundboard app and sound that you want?

3. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

isn't there a way to convert via the iphone?

I changed the extension of the sound file to an mp3 or mp4 whatever format the ipod songs are in...but it wouldn't show up in the song list.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No, that's not how it works.

1. Changing the extension doesn't change the file format. You need to use some kind of conversion program to change the format.

2. Copying and pasting music files into the iPod folder isn't going to make the song show up in iPod app. There is a database file that needs to be edited. But editing that database file is no simple feat. The simplest way to get a song to show up in iPod app is to sync through iTunes.