Expiration date for beta 1?

virginblue4

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to know if there is an expiration date for beta 1 of iOS 7? I'm going to New York on Sunday and currently have iOS 7 installed on my primary phone.

Don't want it to expire half way through the trip and render my phone useless considering I won't have access to a computer.

If there is an expiration date and it's while I'm away, I'll revert back to 6.1.4 for the trip and upgrade back to iOS 7 when I return.

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to know if there is an expiration date for beta 1 of iOS 7? I'm going to New York on Sunday and currently have iOS 7 installed on my primary phone.

Don't want it to expire half way through the trip and render my phone useless considering I won't have access to a computer.

Tomorrow. :D

virginblue4

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Just had a quick look online (not sure why I didn't do that first) and it appears to be 24th July. Can anyone confirm this?

A Top Bloke

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2013
Just had a quick look online (not sure why I didn't do that first) and it appears to be 24th July. Can anyone confirm this?
I can't confirm it but that's what I've heard as well.

Beta 2 will likely be an OTA update anyway, so if your trip somehow goes on for a month and a half, you'll just have to find a WiFi hotspot for when Beta 2 drops in the next week or so.

virginblue4

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I can't confirm it but that's what I've heard as well.

Beta 2 will likely be an OTA update anyway, so if your trip somehow goes on for a month and a half, you'll just have to find a WiFi hotspot for when Beta 2 drops in the next week or so.
My trip is only for 10 days, so it shouldn't be a problem :)