Explain how people are selling these on ebay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by radioscooter, Jul 11, 2008.

1. radioscooter macrumors newbie

Aside from people who got them from at&t today "accidentally" unregistered or otherwise - how are people selling these on ebay without completely ***** up their plan or contract?

Let's be honest. I love this phone but if I could get $700 or $800 for it and then go back and wait in line again tomorrow for one - why wouldn't I if it's possible?

There are several on ebay not claiming to be unlocked, but being called "at&t activated" and I'm just befuddled by this.

Any thoughts?

2. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I guess they are simply just going to ruin their credit?

Or the are going to pay the ETF after 30 days along with a possible non-activation charge.

If they got the phone for $299 and can sell it for $800, even if they have to pay $300 more in charges they still make $200.00

3. FaustArp macrumors regular

FaustArp

i seen that too. Believe it or not one just went off few hours ago for 2 grand. Morons..

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Well, for $2000 I can only figure that they will make that ETF go bye-bye and show some profit...:eek:

5. radioscooter thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think the ruined credit is viaible for so many sellers doing it. I can see paying the etf because many have sold for $1200 (really) or more today. But that implies that they're going to default on the contract.

In my case, (and I am not going to end up doing this, it's just a rhetorical scenario) I don't want to default on the contract. I simply want to sell my phone, keep the contract and buy another iphone tomorrow. (or a week from now, say) Why can't I switch back to my old crappy Razr for a week and get another iphone?

And that's a question - with my other phones, I pop the sim and switch phones with my wife or use my old phone. I take it with the iphone - it's not going to work that way at all?