Explain this awful Nike+ behavior!?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by scriptkitten, Dec 1, 2016.

1. scriptkitten macrumors regular

scriptkitten

So I just got back from an outdoor run

I started the run with my phone in the Nike+ app

Throughout the run, stats were being displayed on my Watch even tho I didn't start the run with it. Great.

Once I reached my 4m goal, the phone (I think) talked to me to tell me I was at 4m.

I stopped the run on my Watch.... because why not?

The watch had my distance at 4.01m. Great

After the run I went into the app to note my shoes and effort.

Well now in the Apple activity app, there are 2 Nike runs for today with different distances. The one with incorrect distance actually has my paces listed. The one with correct distance has no paces. The icons for each run are a different color. What does that mean?

WHY is this happening?? Why are there two runs with two distances being reported by the SAME running system???

I wish we could rewind Nike back to like July

Attached Files:

2. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

Sadly I have had the same issue a couple of times. I have had my watch app crash as well.

I am giving up with the NRC watch app and going to delete it from the watch and will use the built in watch app (to get my rings) and run the NRC app on my phone for the logging and nike fuel.

3. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

The double run behavior happens to me when a start the run on my phone, but end it using my watch. This has happened to me twice now.

The good thing is that you're not doubling up on your activity rings and that you can safely delete the run with the wrong distance. I chose the option to delete the run but not the data.

Anyways, to answer your original question, there reason the app behaves like this is because Nike has a long tradition in building terrible apps and websites. NRC is just the latest in a long line of mediocre Nike stuff.

4. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Actually, this behavior seems to happen anytime you start the run using the phone. Ending the run using the watch or the phone still results in a double run showing up.

In any event, you can easily delete the incorrect run from your iPhone workout list.

5. scriptkitten thread starter macrumors regular

scriptkitten