Explanation of cancelled orders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Californian, Jun 20, 2010.

1. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I've been jumping around threads and still see them mostly filled with people that are extremely upset about their iPhone orders cancelled with no explanation ( understandably ), so i've decided to throw my findings into the ring for you to take with a grain of salt.

I personally haven't pre-ordered yet considering I'm waiting for the white incarnation but I do have a friend in Apple Customer Relations who has, in passing been telling me about the problems she's been experiencing with all of these iPhone pre-orders. The simple explanation is that in the process of the pre-order morning madness, people kept attempting to submit orders when they believed that their order hadn't gone through when in all actuality, the order had gone through. In that, people had submitted multiple orders without even knowing it, furthermore most of these multiple orders were submitting with the upgrade eligibility pricing ( Good news for AT&T and Apple actually ). The reason this is good news for them is that the automated system will recognize that these orders as invalid and cancel them ... The bad news for the customers is that if you attempted several pre-orders at full price ... You may receive multiple iPhone 4s. Also, if you attempted those pre-orders with accessories ( such as a bumper ), theres a good chance that your extra orders will be cancelled, but you'll still get all the bumpers.

Everyone should be able to rest assured that if you ordered and got a confirmation, you'll be receiving your iPhone 4 ... at the same time, how can any of us feel confident after the troubles we've already experienced?

2. ZGXtreme macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

My confirmation email turned worthless when Apple decided I needed not one, but two emails to inform me that my phone had been cancelled and I was being booted to the back of the line, if not out of it completely. June 15th turned into one waste of a day.

3. The Californian thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

My friend was telling me that people may receive multiple cancellation notices if they had multiple orders. Say in your case, maybe three of your orders went through, so they had to cancel two.