Explantion/solution iphone 4 issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhoneSrAdvisor, Jun 26, 2010.

1. iPhoneSrAdvisor macrumors newbie

This is my first thread. I will say I am a applecare Sr. Advisor/ Tech support for iPhone/iPad/iPod . Please comment about this: My opinion is the issue of dropped signal for iphone 4 antenna is:Your body has electric impulses, if you touch the left corner of iphone 4 it bridges the two antennas together through electric impulses=dropped signal, the left antenna for BT/WIFI, and the right antenna for UTMS/Cell data. This is a Quality control flaw, AKA A bad batch of phones from foxconn. If it were a design flaw every iphone 4 would have this issue. There should have been a rubber anti-conductor piece between the two antennas: Solution, call 1800MYIPHONE(6947466) apple will replace your phone, or if you want just give you a FREE BUMPER, just ask for a senior advisor.

2. irich25 macrumors regular

really?

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

your opinion? or what you have read about the issue lol? also, I didn't think Apple employees could join rumour sites....

4. Wailord macrumors 6502

Meh, nothing stopping them because there's no real way to identify them.

That being said, I call BS on the OP. You wouldn't just make an account called "iPhoneSrAdvisor" and tell everyone to call and get a free bumper. If you're legit, sorry, but I doubt it.

5. xmtgx macrumors regular

Gotta agree, a Sr Advisor wouldn't offer free products...

6. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Ok I am gonna call BS on this one! If thats the case what the hell is the black strip between the two ????? some new sort of space age conductive plastic?? REALLY?? If you are who who say you are then here's an idea....

Relay a message to Stevie for me....ready...

FIX MY FING PHONE

7. notmymac macrumors member

At the call center I work at they ROUTINELY make upset customers happy with free stuff...Granted I can't see how offering that in a public forum will help..However, we were informed on the 25th that reception issues are now mandatory escalations to Tier 2....I haven't personally done a repair for the so called reception issue but know many of my fellow advisors who have..I let someone else fall on that sword...No replacing Iphone 4's for me unless I have documentation in ILOG from a Tier 2 advisor...

8. Gryzor macrumors 6502

It takes a senior advisor/tech support (impersonator?) to state the obvious???

9. Nebrie macrumors 6502a

Just to remind people, there is a difference between being upset but courteous and berating the representative. The former is the quickest path to free stuff, the latter ensures the rep does as little as possible to help you. You'd be surprised which option 90% of people take.

10. xmtgx macrumors regular

If they call in about it yea, But advertising for it? I doubt it.