Exploding iphone noise!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Shoesy, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

My iphone just scared the life out of me by making what I can only describe as an exploding noise! Just like a grenade going off in a computer game (ikari warriors comes to mind - yeah I'm old school).

I can't for the life of me work out what it can be, none of my alerts are set to anything different than standard, I havn't jailbreaked, wasn't running any application. It happened about a week ago as well, when I was watching some youtube and I just put it down to some residual audio from that, but it seriously just did it out of the blue this time.

My best guess is possible distorted version of an incoming email alert (I did have a new email) or maybe a push alert noise that I'm not aware of for some game (mini-gore / nova?).

Anybody got any answers / similar experiences?

2. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

I had the same issue a while back. I kept hearing this "chime" every so often and for the life of me could not figure out what it was. It was annoying as it seemed very random.

After some detective work, I found out it was the notification from the eBay app. These apps should have a feature that lets you preview what the notification sound for them - sounds like. Would help a lot.

In short, check any apps/games you have installed.

3. jevel macrumors regular

The grenade going off is the Eliminate Pro push messaging sound...

Annoying as hell as it sometimes go off at night.

-KJ

4. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Put the phone on silent....? ;)

5. JUSTQUAN macrumors member

Yes its the eliminate pro app. Scares me to lol