Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Klew721

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Is there a way to export addresses from address book into Excel? I have been messing around with it all morning and can't figure it out.

Thanks.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Is there a way to export addresses from address book into Excel? I have been messing around with it all morning and can't figure it out.

Thanks.

Do command-a to select all addresses. Export the address entries as a VCF file by using the option under File/Export/Export VCard. Then run the VCF file through this convertor to make it a CSV (comma separated value) file. Then import the CSV file into Excel.

CrescentAdam

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
Install Thunderbird

Download and install Mozilla Thunderbird. When installed it automatically detects your address book contacts and even preserves the groups. Click on the group you want to export, choose Tools/Export. Choose CSV and save. The CSV file will open in excel.

looby

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2013
No Groups

I've just downloaded the Mozilla application and it has opened and downloaded my contacts but the groups are not present. The groups are the bit I need to allow me to filter and export to excel.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.