Export Apple's Streaming Keynotes to .m4v

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by musukosan, Jan 6, 2009.

1. musukosan macrumors regular

Is it possible to take the keynotes from Apple's streaming site and export it to .m4v so I can view it on my Apple TV (or anything else)? Apple takes awhile to load the podcast on the iTunes store, and I hate waiting for it!

I've tried saving the file to .mov (self contained) and loading in iTunes, then right-click and click 'convert for Apple TV'. But all that comes up is no sound and white blank screen. I have also used the 'Export' option in QTP and 'save for Apple TV' and I get the same thing. Does it have something to do with the fact that it streaming? When I save the .mov file it is only around 3k... which can't be right for an hour long video.

I'm using QTP 7.5.5 and Windows XP. Thanks.

2. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Apple usually posts the Keynote on iTunes. It should be there sometime today.

They have the podcast up already, but not the video.

3. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

The video is up in the iTunes Store.

4. musukosan thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, usually I just end up waiting or give in and watch in my laptop. I just hate waiting the 12+ hours it takes for Apple to load it on iTunes. I thought I would pose the question and find a solution. But I suppose I will just have deal with it! :p