export form LR to a Blu Ray Disc?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by dazed, May 5, 2014.

1. dazed macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I'd like to back up all my photos to blu ray. is this possible with just lightroom and finder or do i need a special third party app to write the jpgs to the blu ray disc ?

Im going to export them all to jpg and then put them on the disc. Im just not sure if i can use finder, or do i have to use something like toast which gets mediocre reviews it seems.

I have additional backups to cloud as well as external HDs so this is not my only backup :)

Any help would be appreciated.

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Why export from LR? Just copy the LR catalog files (usually in your Pictures fold) and copy the referenced master files (hopefully raw files) to DVDs. Exporting to jpg means 8 bit lossfull format instead of raw file lossless 12-14 bit format.

3. dazed thread starter macrumors 6502a

I already have those backed up. I just want a set of pictures that have the LR changes so they can be viewed without lightroom.

My main question involves how to get them on a blu ray. Can Finder burn them or do I need third party software?

Cheers

4. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Make a folder and export to that special folder. Once the files are burned to a DVD you can delete the folder if you want to do so. Finder should be able to burn the fold to a standard DVD. I don't know about writing to blue ray...never used one.