Export from Pages to Word

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by mtubul, Aug 30, 2014.

1. mtubul macrumors newbie

Hello, does anyone know how to reduce the size of an exported file from pages to word - the file size is unbelievable, when i export a simple document like my Resume to .docx it's blowing the size to around 600 kilobytes, is there any way to make it under 300k ?,
    Any suggestion will be appreciated!

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

My guess is that you have a lot of junk in your resume that is not needed and should not be there. This is a common mistake made young job seekers.

A more serious issue is that it sounds like you are creating your resume and then exporting it to Word for distribution. If this is what you are doing, then stop. Files exported to Word should be tweaked and edited in Word before distribution. Otherwise, you will have embarrassing formatting glitches.

If you can't afford Word, then use the OS X bundled Text Edit or the free application LibreOffice/OpenOffice. Keep your formatting simple. Otherwise, your recipients will view documents with formatting glitches.

3. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

is this for real? 600 K??? that's TINY.

the question is: how big is the original file??

most email apps can send up to 20megabytes, and there are 1000 kilobytes in ONE megabyte. so i doubt there's anywhere in the world where you couldn't send your 600k file...

:eek: