Export iCloud Contacts

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by anonymust, Oct 3, 2012.

1. anonymust macrumors member

anonymust

Hey..

I reformated and installed OSX Mountain Lion on my Macbook... but then I also created an new Apple ID for iCloud (because i want to delete my old email address pretty soon)

I have access to my old iCloud account. but how can i download my contacts? Its seems that my iPhone never synced with my gmail contacts... (when i add an new contact on my iphone it doesnt end up in my gmail address book)

So I want to download my iContact address book, and import it with my gmail.

Help appreciated, and thanks in advance.

2. bripab007 macrumors 6502

Many ways to export iCloud contacts. In your situation, the easiest might be to log into iCloud website > contacts > click settings button > export.

3. hawk1410 macrumors 6502

You can export contacts from you last account or even your google account or microsoft account.

4. anonymust thread starter macrumors member

anonymust

Well I've found a way.

I signed into my old iCloud account, allowed it to sync all the contacts to my macbook.. and then I opened the contacts app then went File > Export >Contacts Archive...

This gave me all the contacts, along with the face images I have saved to my address book.

Then i signed out of my old iCloud, deleted all sync information and logged in with my new iCloud account and imported the file.

5. bripab007 macrumors 6502

Glad that worked for you. I was trying to save you from having to log into the old account, export, then back in with the new account on your Mac.