export Numbers '08 file to CSV

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by droliff, Dec 13, 2016.

1. droliff macrumors newbie

droliff

Hi everyone,

Here is some clarification of my workflow that may help people steer me in the right direction. I am on a Mac Pro ( late 2008 ) and am running OS 10.6.8. I am opening a supplied .xlsx file (microsoft excel) with Numbers '08 ( please see the visual attached to view how the files look when open, visuals are reference only, the actual spreadsheet contains 1200 email addresses ). I then export as CSV. That exported CSV file seems to still be in 'table' format. I just want to convert the spreadsheet file into a properly formatted CSV file that can be imported into Apple's Address Book program. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. bernuli macrumors 6502

You need a firstname field and a lastname field. I imported the attached csv file no problem. Opened in textedit, Workbook.csv looks like this:

firstname,lastname,email
    joe,smith,noname@example.com
    john,smith,example@example.com

Attached Files:

3. droliff thread starter macrumors newbie

droliff

Hi Bernuli,

Thanks for the response. Yes!!!! That was it exactly! I just took the existing Numbers '08 spreadsheet file, added two columns before the 'email' column, exported as CSV and was able to import that into Address Book. I've included a 'flow chart' visual for anyone searching the forums who has a similar question.

Thanks so much.

Dennis

solution.jpg