Export old iPhone 4 (5.1) to new 4S (5.0.1)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JacobSvenberg, Mar 18, 2012.

1. JacobSvenberg, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012

JacobSvenberg macrumors newbie

Hi there, Sweden speaking.

Yesterday my father bought a iPhone 4S.
    I currently have a iPhone 4 on 5.1.

My iPhone is really bad, broken home button, cracked screen and the vibration is broken.

My father was very kind and let med have the 4S and he stayed with his old iPhone 4 because wont notice any difference.

Two problems:

1. My father has the carrier "Telenor" and the 4S is carrier locked to "Telenor".
    I have "Telia" so i can't really use the iphone.
    I'm (hopefully) gonna fix this with the Gevey sim adapter thing.
    Because the Gevey don't works with 5.1 i have not updated yet.

This is where problem number 2 comes in, and this is what i need help for:

2. I want to transfer my old iPhone 4 backup to the 4S, but because the 4S is running 5.0.1 and the iPhone 4 is running 5.1 it can't be done (?).

I have backup on both iTunes and iCloud if that is to any help.

This is what i think could be done:

Solution nr. 1:
    •I use the latest version of tiny umbrella that was released earlier today and updates the iPhone 4S to 5.1 and then restores with my old iPhone 4 backup.
    Then, with help from tiny umbrella i downgrade to 5.0.1.
    Now i should have an iPhone 4S with my old Iphone 4 backup.

I don't even know if this is possible, i have tried to read and google me to an answer but i really dont get it.

Solution nr. 2:
    • Because my iPhone 4 is backuped with the help of iCloud i don't need to connect my iPhone 4S to my computer at all (?).

Therefore i can go to settings>general>reset>erase all content and settings.

Then, when the iphone is reseted (spelling?) it's like it have never been used, it's like it's brand new from out of the box. Then i could use icloud (still not conecting it to my computer) and reset with the backup from my iPhone 4.

The only problem i can see in this alternative is that my backup is from the firmware 5.1.

I really hope someone can help me beacuse it really sucks to just have te new phone laying on the shelf.

Sorry for the bad english and for many version numbers, but i guess you are used to this.

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

You can't downgrade 4s.

Not sure what you are saying here. Are you trying to give a clean iPhone 4 to your father? If it's not jailbroken then you can just click the erase all content and setting.

Not sure if you can use icloud to restore it to your iphone 4S. I doubt it.

3. JacobSvenberg thread starter macrumors newbie

No, my father isn't the concern. Don't think about him, he is already using his old phone perfectly fine.

I want to put the icloud bakup from my iphone 4 (5.1) into my new iphone 4S, without updating the firmware of the 4S, i want to stay on 5.0.1 because i want to buy the Gevey.

But i guess it's impossible so i wait for the gevey to work on 5.1 or wait for a software unlock.

4. >||LionBeats||< macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Wait.. What is this Gevey Sim. I'm an experienced JBer and I'm just now hearing it. I heard its like you buy one of them and they jailbreak your iPhone. Why not just use redsn0w or any other jailbreak tool. It's really easier to use those then this Gevey sim from what I heard