export photos from iPad/iPhone to Mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dnaida, Aug 10, 2010.

1. dnaida macrumors member

I really need to export my photos from iPhoto to my new Mac.
    I want to export them with my iPad.
    is there a free program to do this ?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

To make some things clear:

You currently have an older Mac with iPhoto and its own library? You have bought a new Mac or will buy one shortly and want to transfer the iPhoto Library to your new Mac from the older?

If that is the case, no need to involve the iPad, as you just can copy the iPhoto Library file from the old Mac to the new Mac.
    The iPhoto Library file is located at Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Pictures / iPhoto / iPhoto Library.

You can either use an external storage device (HDD or USB stick) or your network or Target Disk Mode.

Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6: How to use Migration Assistant to transfer files from another Mac

If that is not the case, what exactly do you want to do? Get photos from your iPad to your (new) Mac?

3. walky macrumors newbie

walky

I would like to know if this MOVES the photos to the new location. I want to remove all photos from the HD and keep them at the external, but I am afraid to do anything.

Also, CCC makes a backup of my other photos not in iPhoto. I have a mix of things in my Mac. I sometimes use Picasa, now I am using Lightroom and stopped using iPhoto. I want to move entirely to a dual system of Picasa for my home photos and Lightroom for serious experimentation.

I need to be sure that by moving the library folder to the HD the files are moving as well, that it is not a reference.

Then, I want to move all of the rest I imported with Picasa (this is easy) and with Lightroom to the external to keep my Mac free of photos.

This thread last reply so I may post this question again since it is a complex three tier process.

Thank You.

BTW, I already see some folders on my Mac that are named "iPhoto Library Recovered PHotos" but I don't remember how they landed there or how I did this. There is a list of files inside, like in any pictures folder.