Export Ringtones, Playlists, Library back to iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RoyalHockey, Feb 5, 2008.

1. RoyalHockey macrumors newbie

After having various Leopard issues common to some users who upgraded their systems with the "Upgrade" install method, I found some time to do a complete backup and preform a "Clean Install" on my MacBook Pro. All of my files have been successfully transferred back, including my iTunes library. However, my custom made (legitimate iTunes) ringtones, playlists, as well as a hand-picked music selection specific for my iPhone are nowhere to be found except for my yet to be completely synced phone.

At this point, I have simply merged my contacts and iCal calendars between my machine and phone. Is there any way to export all of the other above-said iPhone data back to iTunes so that I may completely sync in the future? Right now, such a sync would remove that data from my device.

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

iTunes prompts you when you hook the iPhone up and ask if you want to transfer purchased music on the iPhone back into iTunes but I'm not sure if it will do it for ringtones and I think you might be able to try a program like Senuti, but I'm not sure it would work.