Export SD iMovie Project in HD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by natlinxz, Mar 8, 2010.

1. natlinxz macrumors newbie

Background Info: I'm using an intel imac 2.66 GHz, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, iLife '09

I have made some videos of me playing Heavy Rain for youtube, and it is a four-part series. I got the footage from a DVD I recorded (my method of recording video games) and for some reason iMovie would let me export in HD after I edited the footage. It did that for the first three videos, but now the fourth video will only export in what iMovie calls "large". I've been using the same video file for all four parts.

My question is: How can I export an iMovie 09 project in HD, without it actually being HD? It would be really annoying to see three HD videos on youtube, and then have the fourth one be SD.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

First: What kind of file with what resolution do you get by exporting as "large"?

Second: Why do you want them in HD anyway, as that will lessen the image quality due to the up-conversion of the SD footage?

3. AWalkerStudios macrumors member

AWalkerStudios

Exporting SD footage at 1280X720 tricks sites like youtube and vimeo into giving viewers the option to view the full quality video. I do that with all my videos shot in SD and it makes a big difference.