Exported audio tracks from GarageBand arent starting from beginning oftrack in itunes

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by craigieji, Mar 2, 2009.

1. craigieji macrumors newbie

Exported audio tracks are not starting from beginning of track

I have GarageBand '08 on a very new macbook core 2, etc.

I export recorded podcasts (i actually make language learning CDs using an external mic) so each track ends up at between 20 sec or say 2 mins, to an Itunes playlist. I may play a track, and then click on another, by double clicking as is usual in itunes to start a new track, EXCEPT that it starts the new track at the place it was last time when it was played, even if it is its first time played in itunes, but was listened to some point whilst in garage band.

so the tracks dont start at the beginning of the track but rather where they were left off when last listened too. This happens also on my ipod with those tracks and i have to manually drag a track's progress bar back to the beginning to hear it from its start.

This is a disaster for my product. Is it a bug or is it a setting? Please help urgently.

Many thanks, Craig

2. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Is "remember playback position" checked in the individual track options?

Attached Files:

3. craigieji thread starter macrumors newbie

Pure Love

Jolly Jimmy
    Marry me, I love you, haha.

No seriously, thank you.

My life can finally continue, my work can at last evolve, my faith in technology is restored.

All the best to you.
    :)c
    :D

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

This is actually a reasonable default for an exported pod-cast. Few people would want to start back at the beginning. It's the way audio books work too.

5. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

No problem craigieji! Glad I could be of help.

Chris A : I suppose you're right... but as long as the person knows they DO have the option.

6. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

for audiobooks i can imagine it working, as they are very long. but for something short like this i think not playing back from previous position works better