Exporting Firefox Bookmarks

chewedpen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Edmonton
I am wondering if anyone knows how to export Bookmarks from Firefox Back into Safari ???? I have done some searching but can only find out how to go from safari to Firefox, not the other way.

Thanks Guys

Rocksaurus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2003
California
Well, first you have to enable the Safari debug menu... Type something into the terminal, I can't remember what off the top of my head... Then import the file: home/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/(randomlettersnumbers).default/Bookmarks.html

Comment

Rocksaurus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2003
California
After a quick google, macosxhints.com showed me how to enable the Safari debug menu:

Type the following command in Terminal (while Safari is NOT running):

% defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1

Then open Safari, and you've got a debug menu.

edit... I should have just tacked that into my first post. oh well. blah.

Comment

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2005
Actually, the guy asked for a way to copy links from FIREFOX TO SAFARI and not the other way around.

Comment

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Fuquay Varina, NC
Soulstorm said:
Actually, the guy asked for a way to copy links from FIREFOX TO SAFARI and not the other way around.
And actually :rolleyes: When you enable the debug menu in Safari, there is an option to import IE/NS/Mozilla bookmarks as stated in post #2

Comment

chewedpen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Edmonton
It worked !

Thanks for all the help guys, using Safari enhancer. I opened up FireFox and exported the bookmarks to a .html file. then used Safari enhancer to import the bookmarks back into Safari.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Comment