Exporting HD to SD DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by 4God, Mar 30, 2010.

1. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

I know, I did a search and found a couple of posts but they didn't really answer my question.

I'm editing a 1080p30 sequence in Final Cut Pro 6.0.6 and I need to export for a SD DVD in DVD Studio Pro. I can't seem to get it right. I've tried exporting the self-contained movie and using Compressor to create the files for DVD. Looks terrible. I've tried using export using Quicktime Conversion. Looks terrible. I've had this problem for a long time and I've finally decided to ask around for help. The video looks fine in FCP, it even looks fine after export - in any format - but when I drop the file in DSP it looks terrible. HELP??? PLEASE???

2. Keebler macrumors 68030

Have u tried burning a DVD to see what it looks like o a tv? The computer monitor will never look as good

and by 'looks terrible' - can you expand on that to help us figure out what the problem may be?

Did you create your sequence as hdv 1030p30 turn export to 16:9 sd?

3. 4God thread starter macrumors 68020

4God

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I tried burning many dvd's to see what it looks like on tv and the interlacing is terrible. My exported movie doesn't look like that before I burn to dvd.

I shot in 1080p30 on my HV30 (I know it's in a 60i wrapper), I was instructed to still use a sequence setting of HDV 1080i60 and export as 30p. I've tried exporting just a reference movie and using Compressor to create the files for DVDSP. I've also tried exporting a self-contained movie, same problem. I've also tried using export using Quicktime conversion and using the AIC option - same problem. Even tried exporting 16:9 SD....same problem.

I'm going nuts here.

4. 4God thread starter macrumors 68020

4God

Almost 4 months later and still can't get this worked out.

Anybody?

:confused::confused::confused:

5. 321estrellas macrumors 6502

321estrellas

Hey,

I found this workflow recently and was going to try it out but I don't have the time while I'm in the middle of projects.

http://uniquedesigners.wordpress.com/workflow/

You can give this a try; it sounds rather convincing for good results. If you do, please post your own results!

6. 4God thread starter macrumors 68020

4God

Great find! I will be trying this out soon. Thank you for posting this. :)

7. uniqedesigners macrumors newbie

hey thx for posting that link !

8. uniqedesigners macrumors newbie

well i had that problem you had too ( i was very unhappy with 1080i50 & 25p HD footage for SD delivery) so i came up with that solution. MPEG Streamclip is the key... and that you work with ProRes right away through your Master (Quicktime File)

if you have any further questions please shoot me an message on my blog ... or if you are on twitter i'm @michaschmidt

greetings form Germany
    Michael