Exporting help please

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Mac-key, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Mac-key macrumors 6502a

What is the best way to compress and export a web-friendly quicktime movie out of final cut pro in HD? I've used Quicktime conversion - and compressor. Each time I somehow end up stretching my HD mov. file and it looks crappy.

I guess my question is what settings exactly do I need. I got a 3.25gb file and I've tried a couple things, but it takes an hour or so export. So I just want to get it right so I don't have to spend 3 hours trying again and again.

I know FC pretty decent, but my knowledge in this compression stuff is very limited.

thanks

2. psycodriver macrumors newbie

i would use h.264 when you are using the quicktime conversion to export make sure that you set the video size of that of the original footage. if you don't it will make it what ever size the preview window is. you dont have to let i finish to make sure its right. Just let it work for about 5 min then cancel it, then just watch was it got done in that 5 min.

3. Mac-key thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement

did it work?

did everything pan out?

H.264 is ubber compression, it's going to take a while on slower machines. :(

I always manually set my video sizes when using compressor, i think it's just a good habit to get into.