Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigbamboo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2015
Brighton, UK
Despite selecting the High option when exporting JPEG images from Photo, I find the file size at destination is usually around 3MB - approx 60% smaller than when I exported the same images from iPhoto with the High option. If Photo is compressing JPEG images more during export than iPhoto, I assume the image quality is also reduced. Worse still, there is the possibility that Photo is actually extra-compressing images at the import stage, not during export. Or both!

Has anybody noticed the same issue and, if yes, does it also apply to TIFF and PNG images?

Bigbamboo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2015
Brighton, UK
Thanks, but my query concerns exporting modified images. Curiously, since posting, Photo's export dialogue box has started showing a 'Maximum' option which is the resolution I was looking for. During the first week of using the app, this option was not available! So, problem solved. I also had a problem with Yosemite's Mail app, but this self-resolved, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.