Exporting keynote to ppt

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by viperguy, Mar 27, 2009.

1. viperguy macrumors 6502

viperguy

When using pages i noticed that when exporting to word i lose some more advanced formating sometimes... so i`m afraid to lose the formating when doing the same to keynote (effects, pictures, charts and transitions..)
    has anyone had any problems with that?

2. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Yeah, it's only natural that you'll lose some formatting: not all programs will interpret the file data the same way. My best advice is, keep it simple, otherwise you're more likely to encounter issues.

If it's not a complex Keynote, sometimes the easiest solution is to just export as a PDF. Of course, if you have animations and actions in your slideshow, they won't show up.

That said, I've not tried opening a Keynote (created with '08 and '09) in the latest versions of MS Office, Windows or Mac OS X... Perhaps it's better then older versions.

3. teckno101 macrumors newbie

Keynote Exporting

I have this problem all the time with my keynote presentations. I love to use keynote with all the special effects, but always lose them when exporting. I record the sideshow, with my mike off, and get my timings down. Then I simply export it as a quick time movie and show it on a DVD or flash drive.

Let me know if you want some tips to this problem.

4. RonCarr macrumors regular

RonCarr

One of the best things to do is to export it as a QuickTime file. This will allow all of your transitions and effects to look the way you intended them to. This option even puts breaks in where you want the slideshow to pause. You advance thru it by clicking the mouse button just as you would if you were playing a normal slideshow.

5. viperguy thread starter macrumors 6502

viperguy

Hmm I don`t know if the computer I will use supports quicktime (it`s probably a very old pc...) but I will try that!

6. RonCarr macrumors regular

RonCarr

one thing you could do is download the newest QuickTime and put it on a flash drive so that you could install it on the computer.