Exporting Keynote's presentation as a package

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hajime, Jul 10, 2009.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello. I have a presentation with lots of videos and transitions. I made it using Keynote'08. In the past somebody has asked similar question before but does not seem to have a perfect solution. Is it possible to save the presentation as a package so that if the mbp fails before the presentation, one can upload the package of files into a PC and make the presentation there? In the past, I tried to save the Keynote presentation as a PowerPoint file. However, it did not work well. Thanks.

2. steveoc macrumors regular

I have had good results exporting as a QuickTime Movie. Of course, the PC would need QuickTime installed. It keeps the transitions and any hyperlinks intact.

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for the suggestion but hyperlinks got messed up. For example, I have slides 1-20 as text slide. For slides from 21 to 30, I have slides for QuickTime videos. On slide 5, it is linked to the video on slide 22. When I used the left arrow to go back to slide 5, it went to slide 21.

4. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Could you please let me know how you linked the slides together? Maybe my method of using hyperlink is not good. Thank you.