Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Medium Rare

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
I have a Camera Connector kit and am wondering if it is possible to use the sd card adapter to connect to my iMac and download music from iTunes to an sd card. Is there such a thing as a cable that has a 30 pin connector that can be connected to the 30 pin connector on the camera kit that has a usb connector on the other end that can be connected to my iMac ?

Thanks in advance

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
I don't understand what you're trying to do. Why can't you just copy the music files you want from your iTunes library on your Mac to the SD card?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I have a Camera Connector kit and am wondering if it is possible to use the sd card adapter to connect to my iMac and download music from iTunes to an sd card. Is there such a thing as a cable that has a 30 pin connector that can be connected to the 30 pin connector on the camera kit that has a usb connector on the other end that can be connected to my iMac ?

Thanks in advance

You are proposing some complex solution but not telling us the problem you are trying to solve. I think you need to tell us the "big picture" and not about cables.

It is EASY to transfer songs from a Mac to an IOS device, you just sync the device.

Medium Rare

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
Sorry for the drawn out story. I am simply trying to drag and drop music from my iTunes library library to an sd card. What do I need to do to accomplish this ?

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Sorry for the drawn out story. I am simply trying to drag and drop music from my iTunes library library to an sd card. What do I need to do to accomplish this ?

Just drag and drop. What's so complicated about it?

At most, you may have to drag any music you want out of iTunes (from its main list view) and into a folder, and then copy the latter to a connected SD card...nothing else is necessary.

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado

Assuming your computer does not have a built-in SD card reader like modern Macs, you need an SD card and a Mac compatible SD card reader. Once you plug it all in it will show up as an external drive. Select the files in iTunes and drag them to the mounted SD card. Enjoy!

Luk.tv

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2013
I looking to do the same yet with more files i.e. playlists. Is there a way I can copy an iTunes playlist to an sd card?

Cancelled
Nov 9, 2012
export iTunes..

I made an app that let you export songs from iTunes but instead of having a multitude of audio formats you can enforce a specific audio codec and bitrate.

The only thing you have to do is select the playlist, codec and bitrate!

It will also automatically extract the audio track of any video files you have selected..

Web site

App store

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Dgr7

roleft

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2014
OK, easy:
1) select the song in iTunes, highlight it.
2) Click File-> show in finder
3) Drag and drop from Finder to SD card.

When I open my SD card (MacBook Pro), it shows multiple folders: DCIM, browser, email, etc. Do I just drop the iTunes songs willy-nilly into the card or is there a specific folder I should put them in or create one?

thanks! :confused:

Cancelled
Nov 9, 2012
When I open my SD card (MacBook Pro), it shows multiple folders: DCIM, browser, email, etc. Do I just drop the iTunes songs willy-nilly into the card or is there a specific folder I should put them in or create one?

thanks! :confused:

You could create a folder named music and put the files inside. It will be simpler if you want to remove the music later on. DCIM is the folder that your camera use to store photos.

karlsmacpro

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2009
Several separate playlists

I have a related question. I have 5 different playlists in iTunes that I want to export to my Android phone's micro SD. I've successfully transferred them all including artist name and track name but on my Android phone they appear as a single merged set of tracks in alphabetic order. Is it possible to keep them as separate playlists, as I don't want to mix "relaxing" with "rock"!

karlsmacpro

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2009
Does anyone know if something already exists that requires no modification and does not merge playlists after they're transferred to an SD card for use on an Android device?

Cancelled
Nov 9, 2012
Does anyone know if something already exists that requires no modification and does not merge playlists after they're transferred to an SD card for use on an Android device?

my software make one playlist for each iTunes playlist you create, without merging anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.