Exporting my iPhone calendar to google calendar?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by error404, Oct 14, 2011.

1. error404 macrumors member

How could I export my iphone's calendar and contacts to google?

I'm afraid that if I try to sync my calendar with iTunes that iTunes will erase my phones data and exchange it with iTunes calendar (which is empty).

I'm running a jb 4.1
    Thanks

2. sunenihs macrumors newbie

I have my synced up with my gmail account. If you go into the Settings>Mail, Contacts Calendars>Gmail account that you want the calendar to sync from; turn "ON" your calendars option. Viola! I can add things on either my g-calendar or iphone calendar and they appear on both ends.

I hope I didn't misunderstand your question!

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

The ugly, safe way is to subscribe to the Google Calendar (via exchange or CalDav) on your phone and edit each event, changing which calendar it's in.

Another way is to get the Office 2011 trial, sync the iPhone calendar with Outlook (be careful not to delete the phone calendar...this is risky and it may happen even if you're careful), use Outlook sync services to sync that calendar to iCal, export the calendar from iCal, import the calendar to Google.

4. error404 thread starter macrumors member

thanks! it works... but I need to change one by one :(

5. hutchG macrumors newbie

hello, I have two calendars on my iphone - one personal which appears under "on my iphone" account and one which appears under "iCloud" account. I do not have any events on my iCloud account. I would like to move my "on my iphone" calendar to my google account but not merging my google calendar with what's on my iphone - just to push what's already on the iphone to my google calendar - is that possible at all?

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

That last part has me confused...you don't want your Google calendar to "merge" with what's on your iPhone? Do you have events on your Google calendar? Don't you want all your "On my iPhone" plus all of your current Google calendar events on your Google calendar?

Anyway, I believe you can get your "On My iPhone" events to Google in a roundabout way if you're on a current Mac. If you turn off calendar syncing with iCloud, Google or anything else you've got set up, then all you'll have is your "On My iPhone" events. Then, turn iCloud calendar syncing ON, which will move the events to iCloud. Sync your Mac's Calendar with iCloud, then export the calendar as .ics. Then, import the .ics file into your Google calendar via the web (or in Mac Calendar if you have it set up on there).

7. hutchG macrumors newbie

I have a single calendar on my Google account which is filled up with appointments and agenda related to my uni studies. I'd like to keep that separately an not import it to my iPhone.

"I am a PC" :) If I export my "On My iPhone" calendar in .ics as you say, I am thinking importing it to Google as a new calendar (again as you say) - this way having two calendars in my Google - one for iPhone and one for uni; keeping the two separate. How do I then export my "On My iPhone" calendar into .ics?

8. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I understand. The Mac/iCloud method is the only sure way I know other than, once your new Google calendar is on your iPhone, moving the events from the onboard calendar to the Google calendar one-by-one by editing them. If you don't have a lot of stuff that might be the way to go.