Exporting Web Page to image?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Lord Blackadder, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Hi all,

Total web design newbie here, but I'm helping out with a (WinXP) computer kiosk at a museum display. We've been trying to display (saved) websites, but the application running on the Kiosk (ESRI ArcReader) crashes every time it tries to launch a browser to open the saved web pages.

Is the there a way to export a web page essentially as rendered on screen by the browser a into a PDF or some image format? Printing to a PDF obviously messes with the formatting. I don't have any professional web-creation/publishing software, unfortunately.

At this point we've been reduced to taking a couple screenshots (the page is longer than a single screen will display) and stitching them together in Photoshop to create an image that we can link in ArcReader, but it's a cumbersome, time consuming and rather silly workaround...but in absence of a better solution it works. I'd like to find a more elegant (and faster) method if possible

Any help?

2. stygar macrumors newbie

3. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

If you're looking for a Mac application, Paparazzi! might do the trick.

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Another nice tool is the Firefox add-on Abduction. Lets you save any page as an image (even when you're behind a login or similar).

5. notnek macrumors 6502

notnek

Yeah I would have recommended Paparazzi! as well.

6. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder