Expose and Word for Mac 2008

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Roger K, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Roger K macrumors newbie

I've recently bought an iMac. Have installed Word (using Office for Mac 2008). When I have several Word documents open at once, Expose will show them all but I cannot select one particular one by clicking on it.

This only happens with Word documents which say 'compatability mode', and I don't have this problem on another iMac which uses the previous Office for Mac.

Is there a simple solution? I am tempted to downgrade to the previous Office version ...

2. Gentile macrumors regular

Gentile

I heard this was a common problem with Office 2008. Make sure you have downloaded all the updates, they may have fixed/improved this problem.

3. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Known issue. We're working on windowing issues with Apple to figure out, which impacts both Exposé and Spaces. We've made incremental changes with each update, so do make sure that you're on the latest and greatest - the current version is 12.1.2.

I know that this is a big annoyance. It's one that I feel every day, because I use Spaces with multiple monitors. We're actively working on it with Apple.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

4. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

Thanks Nadyne, it is encouraging to hear that this is being worked on.

5. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Also make sure that you're all caught up with your OS X updates. Their updates have also included improvements that will help. It's still not 100% fixed, but it's better than it used to be in 10.5.0 and Office 2008 12.0.