Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
I had this problem in Tiger on my PowerBook, and now in Leopard on my new iMac.

In System Preferences, I have various mouse buttons set to activate Expose, but no quick keys set.

This works fine, but once every couple of weeks, I find my mouse buttons don't do any Expose actions. If I open System Preferences, I find the Expose settings are all blank.

The only similarity between this iMac and my old PowerBook is that I am using a Logitech MX518 mouse. I have no mouse software installed.

Anybody else have this problem? Is it a case of trashing some prefs file to sort the problem?

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
do you use Time Machine? there is a bug in Leopard where your Dashboard and Exposé mouse and keyboard shortcuts and even the Dictionary Panel shortcut are cleared after you delete or restore a file in within the Time Machine interface.

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
Or do you play WoW? There's still a bug where these settings disappear sometimes wehen you played the game. I guess it has something to do with minimizing/maximizing the window while playing, to look up something, for example.

zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
Hmm, no, Time Machine is disabled.

But I do play WoW! Odd bug that, if it is WoW causing it.

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
Yes, it's well known (only the developers don't seem to know). There's even an Apple script out there that you can use to get your settings back, though it didn't work for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.