Expose: Four Finger swipe up/down!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by powerbuddy, Sep 11, 2009.

1. powerbuddy macrumors 6502

After upgrading to Snow Leopard, I am experiencing something rather very strange. I have a late 2008 MBP, which has the four finger swipe up/down(to show desktop) built into its touchpad. Now, when I swipe up, the app windows hide and it shows the desktop, and then when I immediately swipe down(without releasing my hand), the Windows come back. No problem till now, but the trouble arises once I release my hand after the swipe down motion, and the windows go back to hiding(and remains stuck there), until I have to do the swipe up motion again to bring the windows back on the desktop!

Been used to the Leopard interface for so long, I guess its a habit for me to swipe up, and immediately swipe down and it automatically quits the show desktop mode. Now, I have to swipe up, release my fingers and then do a swipe down for this to work. TBH, its kind of frustrating.

Is this a feature I just have to deal with it or a bug?

2. Anton-Anton macrumors newbie

I have never realized. But its same on mine. Until a fix yo will have to swipe up - lift fingers - swipe down.

3. powerbuddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Apparently, the same thing goes on for the swipe down-swipe up routine for expose too. You forget to lift the finger, and it goes back into expose! :mad:

4. macinhand macrumors regular

macinhand

I noticed this on my MacBook Pro previous to the SL update, as i am new to Mac and only had my MBP for four weeks i thought this was the norm :confused:

5. Cannedkoala macrumors member

Same happens for me now that I try it, but it hasn't hindered me before.

Can I ask what you're doing where you just want to see the desktop for a second and then come back?

I use it when I want to grab from or drop things to the desktop, which always involves me taking my hand off to do other things.

I was just fiddling with it again, it seems if you swipe up, leave your hand on the pad for a little over a second and then release they will automatically bring everything back. So it's like what you're doing except you don't have to do the swipe down, just let go.

6. kolax macrumors G3

Yep, welcome to the trackpad bugs of Snow Leopard..