Expose on MacBook Pro keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by caldavey, Jan 16, 2008.

1. caldavey macrumors member

caldavey

I know there is a key on the new MacBook's that you can press and does the thing where it makes all the programs you have on the screen shrink and then lets you see all of them (isn't that Expose?) and I can't seem to find one on mine and I just bought mine tonight and it has Leopard on it so I know it is new, but I can find the key? Is there only one on the MacBook?

2. Panny macrumors newbie

You might have already figured it out...but after you enable Spaces, you just press the 'fn' key then F8 while you hold down the fn key.

3. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

Hold on a sec, the guy's talking about Exposé not Spaces. On a MacBook it's the F3 key which shows all the visible windows.

On a MacBook Pro you would use the F9 key to show all windows and F10 for all the windows of the current application. However by default you'd have to hold down the "fn" key to achieve this otherwise it would change the brightness of the backlit keyboard instead.

Therefore what a lot of people do is change the behaviour of the keyboard in the preferences. In System Preferences go to Keyboard & Mouse and then to the Keyboard tab and then tick the "Use all F1,F2 etc. keys as standard function keys" option.

Now you'll be able to use the function keys without holding down the "fn" key as well. If you do hold down the "fn" key however you will end up with the default functionality (look at the icon on the function key) e.g. F1 and F2 will change screen brightness.

Hope all that makes sense and helps!