Exposé question

john1123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
Down Under
as you all know, when using expose to 'show desktop', all the windows are minimized. However, when you open a new window, they are all maximized? again. I was wondering if there is a script or app that will make the minimized windows stay minimized when opening a new window.

anyone?

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
I've noticed that with some windows it will do that and others it won't. I'll see if I can find something that might help to alleviate that.

john1123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
Down Under
slooksterPSV said:
I've noticed that with some windows it will do that and others it won't. I'll see if I can find something that might help to alleviate that.
hey thanks! yeh when opening a new finder window, everything stays minimized but i think that's the only app that does that. Maybe there is a way to change the expose files so that finder is not the only app getting special treatment?

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Here's a fun trick I just found. Hold shift when pressing F9-11 (depending on what you've set it to) it slows it down when moving the windows.

EDIT: When clicking on an application hold down OPTION, that hides all other windows and keeps that one up.

john1123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
Down Under
slooksterPSV said:
EDIT: When clicking on an application hold down OPTION, that hides all other windows and keeps that one up.
cool! i guess that's as close as it gets :)