Expose / Show desktop not smooth

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xbox4me62, May 3, 2011.

1. xbox4me62 macrumors newbie

I have a late 2008 unibody macbook pro. When i use expose to show all windows or the hot corner to show my desktop the animation is no longer smooth. The windows aren't jagged but they just don't scale smoothly like it used to around 3 days ago. As far as I remember I haven't changed anything.

About 3 weeks ago I upgraded my macbook to 8gb ram from 2gb, everything went well despite reading some people having issues with the early umbp freezing up with 8gb ram. I have never had this freezing issue so I don't think the ram is causing the lagging. I've resetted my pram with no avail.

2. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

Does your '08 MBP have switchable graphics? If so, are you sure that you're on the high-end graphics? My mid-'10 MBP doesn't have smooth Exposé animations when on the integrated (inferior) graphics. Also, you should try the 2GB RAM (just for the sake of eliminating that variable; replacing the RAM would be the easiest solution if it were that).

3. xbox4me62 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try putting back in the original 2gb although it ran fine for about 2 weeks so I doubt its the ram. Putting it on the 9600 is slightly better than the integrated (9400). But it used to be able to run just fine, very smoothly in fact, on the 9400.

4. xbox4me62 thread starter macrumors newbie

My macbook pro also has a dead battery. iStat menu says 32% charge, but it suddenly turns off after about 15 minutes on battery power. Could the dead battery be causing the computer to underclock the processor?