Expose with safari problem, pics included

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CRSmoak, Sep 12, 2009.

1. CRSmoak macrumors newbie

The problem is that when all I have is safari windows open, expose keeps lining them side by side instead of spreading them out. In the first pic you'll see what I mean. If I open something else along with the safari windows though, it will spread them like normal, second pic for example. I think it probably happened after one of the last updates. Would really appreciate some help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

That's just how expose works when all the windows are the same size and at the same level. If you move the windows around (vertically) and resize some, then you'll get back to the Exposé you're used to.

Or you could update to 10.6.1 and get an all new Exposé

3. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

What part of Expose changed going from 10.6.0 to 10.6.1?

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

None, sorry. Just update to Snow Leopard.

5. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

It looks like your in leopard. I think that is just how expose works in that situation. When you have only one app open it lines them up but when multiple apps are open it spreads them out. I could be wrong, but thats what I remember from leopard. I Snow Leopard it puts them in a grid instead of a line.

6. CRSmoak thread starter macrumors newbie

Your right that if I move the widows around it'll spread them out, kinda weird though since with finder windows expose will spread them out automatically without having to move them or resize them. Seems to only do this with browser windows?

Weird that I just now noticed this too, anyway plan on upgrading to snow leopard soon anyway so hopefully it'll put them in a grid like rodman109110 said. Thanks guys.