Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Hello,

Been reading about the danger of getting cancer from cellphones and it makes you think. We are carrying our cellphones all the time and never think about the radiation we are been exposed too. I would like to read some of your opinions about this. Is the iPhone less dangerous or all cellphones are equally dangerous..

Thanks!!!

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Hello,

Been reading about the danger of getting cancer from cellphones and it makes you think. We are carrying our cellphones all the time and never think about the radiation we are been exposed too. I would like to read some of your opinions about this. Is the iPhone less dangerous or all cellphones are equally dangerous..

Thanks!!!

If you believe this then you should stop using cell phones forever. There are a lot of other things you should not do but start with this.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hello,

Thanks!!!

It's an absolute myth. I've been using a Motorola DynaTAC 8000X in a fanny pack for the last two decades. As a fantastic result, my once shameful manhood gradually expanded into a bulbous beast.

Yes, it frequently hurts when I take a tinkle, and yes, a few of the once unnoticeable lumps have become a little swollen. But hey, if a bit of red urine is the only drawback, then colour me sold!

cableguy84

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2015
There are risks and dangers using phones. But there are dangers driving too but i still drive my car.

Just be clever and try and limit your exposure.

For example dont sleep with the phone next to you, put it on a table away from you. Also if i am carrying my phone in my pocket i put it on airplane mode i dont want that thing emitting microwaves on my testicles haha.

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
Hello,

Thanks!!!
Even if cellphones did cause cancer, what are you going to do about it? Get rid of your cellphone? What about all of the cellphones used by people around you? What about all of the cell towers?

Worrying about something that may not happen is a waste of time and will rob you of your happiness. We are only in this life for a limited time.. make the best of it.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Just about everything in the industrialized world is a health hazard. Air, water, food, things we touch. Add miniscule cell phone radiation the list. The modern world is toxic.

silver_mtb

Suspended
Nov 27, 2018
No, it really doesn't.
speak for yourself.
[doublepost=1545257852][/doublepost]
Even if cellphones did cause cancer, what are you going to do about it? Get rid of your cellphone? What about all of the cellphones used by people around you? What about all of the cell towers?

Worrying about something that may not happen is a waste of time and will rob you of your happiness. We are only in this life for a limited time.. make the best of it.
you know what else robs one of happiness? Death.
[doublepost=1545258054][/doublepost]
Just about everything in the industrialized world is a health hazard. Air, water, food, things we touch. Add miniscule cell phone radiation the list. The modern world is toxic.
I am sick of this type of BS excuse. One of these days you may look back at this time in history, when we finally know better, and acknowledge the health issues with radiation; and you can keep your silly, uninformed parroted rhetoric about ionizing/non-ionizing to yourself. We will not change how we communicate wirelessly until we come up with a better solution that does not impact the livelihood of carbon-based lifeforms, and we are a long way away from that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sdahe

Azathoth123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2018
Fountain City
Cell phone radiation is radio frequency, non-ionizing. There’s no evidence that it causes cancer. The American Cancer Society is a good place to start.

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/radiation-exposure/cellular-phones.html

BTW, I am a retired radiation protection professional, and there are no recognized connections between cancer and non-ionizing radiation. Ionizing X-rays and nuclear radiation a little more but this is not a topic for MR.

It’s kind of like germophobes, you can wash away or kill germs, but you can’t wash away the ‘heebie jeebies’. They’re with you forever, lol.

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
After all the research and focus on EM radiation from phones, no one came with evidence that they cause cancer.

We are talking about several decades of research here. And nothing. Not a single shred of convincing evidence. Nothing.

IMO, case closed.

Reactions: Azathoth123

Azathoth123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2018
Fountain City
After all the research and focus on EM radiation from phones, no one came with evidence that they cause cancer.

We are talking about several decades of research here. And nothing. Not a single shred of convincing evidence. Nothing.

IMO, case closed.

Lol, agree also. But you just can’t get rid of the heebie jeebies.

The problem is that non-ionizing radiation just doesn’t have enough energy to disrupt DNA, so it cannot cause cancer by any known mechanism. Could there be an unknown mechanism? Sure but it’s incredibly unlikely. When you think that you’ve found one give me a call at the old folks home.

silver_mtb

Suspended
Nov 27, 2018
Cell phone radiation is radio frequency, non-ionizing. There’s no evidence that it causes cancer. The American Cancer Society is a good place to start.

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/radiation-exposure/cellular-phones.html

BTW, I am a retired radiation protection professional, and there are no recognized connections between cancer and non-ionizing radiation. Ionizing X-rays and nuclear radiation a little more but this is not a topic for MR.

It’s kind of like germophobes, you can wash away or kill germs, but you can’t wash away the ‘heebie jeebies’. They’re with you forever, lol.
and I think you are wrong.

silver_mtb

Suspended
Nov 27, 2018
Fair enough, got science?
it is all over the internet, especially European studies that are not funded by the wireless industry, but something tells me you already know that and have decided to not believe anything related that does not fit your world view and your paymaster.

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1

Azathoth123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2018
Fountain City
it is all over the internet, especially European studies that are not funded by the wireless industry, but something tells me you already know that and have decided to not believe anything related that does not fit your world view and your paymaster.

Likewise to you sir. I’m retired, I haven’t had a paymaster for several years, and I didn’t particularly like him when I did.

But I do keep up on my former profession. And the ‘internet’ is not peer-reviewed science

The link I posted cites most of those European studies and their faults if you drill down

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.