Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Langille

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Hi all.

I'm wondering if anyone paid for the 2 day shipping for their MBP? I paid the extra 20 dollars for the 2 day shipping, and currently it looks as though my macbook pro will arrive on Monday, July 30th.... for a total of 6 days shipping (although there is a weekend in between there)

Im wondering if FedEx's website lists what is the latest possible date it could arrive, as in everyone is listed as 5-7 days shipping, but if I paid for 2 day shipping, it *should* arrive in 2 days, right?

Has anyone else had this? I'm just wondering if the "expected arrival" dates are standard?

Thanks for any input.

MacPossum

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2007
Right now the MBP's are shipping in 5-7 days, so once your order is actually *shipped* it will arrive in two days.

L3X

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2006
Chesapeake, VA
Hi all.

I'm wondering if anyone paid for the 2 day shipping for their MBP? I paid the extra 20 dollars for the 2 day shipping, and currently it looks as though my macbook pro will arrive on Monday, July 30th.... for a total of 6 days shipping (although there is a weekend in between there)

Im wondering if FedEx's website lists what is the latest possible date it could arrive, as in everyone is listed as 5-7 days shipping, but if I paid for 2 day shipping, it *should* arrive in 2 days, right?

Has anyone else had this? I'm just wondering if the "expected arrival" dates are standard?

Thanks for any input.
i got the 2 day shipping, but i upgraded after i had already ordered so the website expected arrival date didn't change, but neither did the expected ship date.

So, I'm guessing my order still shows the old shipping info. I'm definitely expecting mine in two days though whenever it ships because that's what my order says.

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
Hi all.

Thanks for any input.

I work at UPS and the way 2 day works for us is it could be there anytime on the 2nd day after shipping but depending on what time it was shipped, it could arrive as late as noon on the 3rd day.
Item shipped at 10am on Jul 10 WILL arrive on July 12
Item shipped at 6pm on Jul 10 MAY arrive on July 12 or as late as noon July 13

If the MBP has been shipped and it is taking more than 2 (or 3) business days, you should be able to get a full refund of the shipping cost.

If it hasn't shipped, then you have to wait. When it is shipped it should take 2 (or 3) business days.

Langille

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Thank you for the quick replies :)

My MBP has shipped, it went from Shanghai yesterday to Anchorage AK today, and arrived at 1:20 PM local time, so Im guessing that it will leave there at some point today. What worried me (and thank you all for helping to clarify) is that on the FedEx site where I am tracking this, it states:

Ship date
Jul 24, 2007
Estimated delivery
Jul 30, 2007 by 6:00 PM

But youve cleared that up for me, thank you again.

Brian

mjerald

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2007
Thank you for the quick replies :)

My MBP has shipped, it went from Shanghai yesterday to Anchorage AK today, and arrived at 1:20 PM local time, so Im guessing that it will leave there at some point today. What worried me (and thank you all for helping to clarify) is that on the FedEx site where I am tracking this, it states:

Ship date
Jul 24, 2007
Estimated delivery
Jul 30, 2007 by 6:00 PM

But youve cleared that up for me, thank you again.

Brian

Mine also shipped the 24th , must be on the same plane. I'm due to get it according to Fedex by 10:30am on July 27. I ordered it on July 10th and got the 2 day shipping.

mike

Langille

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Just as an update, my MBP has arrived in Anchorage and left again, so it is on it's way to the US mainland overnight. From there, I need it to arrive here in Charlottetown, PE, Canada.. however, it's on it's way!

Thanks again all.

Brian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.