Express card slot...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aldog, Apr 18, 2008.

1. aldog macrumors regular

I've never used my express card slot, but I'm pretty sure it used to fold down all the way.
    I was wondering if it is supposed to fold down completely when pushed with just a finger. I was waiting for a page to load so I just moved my hand over to the left side and started fiddling, and it seems that it doesn't fold down as much as it used to.

2. sonnavi macrumors newbie

i bought a sata 2 port as an express card and mounted External Sata II harddisk with capacity 1TB so it is very fast and useful :) you can buy sata 2 express card on ebay about 25$.

Good Luck!

3. aldog thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think you understood my query.
    My expresscard slot won't fold down all the way, it feels as if something's jammed in there but I honestly don't know because I've never used it. Is it supposed to fold down all the way when pushed with just a finger.

4. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

works fine here...

[​IMG]

You should be able to fold it right the way down.. try sticking something plastic in there,
    i'm sure you'll find it'll be ok! the spring gets a little tighter..

5. aldog thread starter macrumors regular

ok there was definitely something blocking it or the spring was just tight as you said. I took a credit card(-ish thing) and folded it down with that, the left side took some work but I got it to fold like normal.
    I was just too worried that I'd break it, I figured I had the fullultraneo warranty once you replied though.
    thanks guys...now I just wait for this mysterious object to fall out of the slot.

6. sonnavi macrumors newbie

dont push hardly becouse there are two metalic springs for closing automaticly if you can push hardly they could break easily. The best way inserting a cotton stick