Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xoggyux

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Hi,
I was wondering if there is a memory reader that can be put in the MPB express card slot but without any black plastic sticking out, im specially looking for SDHC though if it also has xD and Memory Stick it would be nice, but the main thing i need is SDHC and not having a black thing (or any other color) sticking out of my laptop.

Azagar

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2008
San Francisco
Here this one will do what you want. I own it for my Unibody mbp, there are some photos on amazon showing it inside and how it's flush to the body. Plus at that price you can't go wrong no matter what.

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
Hey that's a really nice reader. :) It would be nice if it had a CF slot, but I guess CF is a little too big for the MBP's narrow express slot.

vorkorsigan

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008
Toronto
I Use the SANDISK, doesn't stick out and works well. If you have a CF card, think about a CF to SD adapter for the camera, then you can keep everything inside the notebook

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I Use the SANDISK, doesn't stick out and works well. If you have a CF card, think about a CF to SD adapter for the camera, then you can keep everything inside the notebook

But the card would still be outside the computer, the adapter would be very weak, and those adapters are USB based so they are terribly slow.

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
CF is pata based and not exactly a champion sprinter itself... the SD-CF adapter sounds like a good idea, I'll have to pick one up. Just read a review here. I've got lots more SD cards than CF cards, despite my older Elph being CF and my favorite camera to use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.