Express checkout+Apple Gift Card

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iFanaddic, Apr 9, 2015.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Hey guys we only have a few hours to go, I have set up my express checkout on Apple.com but I have a 100$ Apple gift car that I wish to redeem when I buy my Apple Watch. Is it possible to add it to my account now (much like we di with itunes gift cars) or can I only punch it in my account when I buy it later today? I am trying to save every second I can.

If I have to redeem at purchase I guess that means I'll have to deactivate express checkout to avoid the whole charge going to my credit card.

2. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

You can't add it to your account. I'm in the same situation but I'll just use my two $50 cards on a band.

3. Unconsoled macrumors regular

Same boat here. Wish you could redeem them like iTunes cards.

4. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

5. MacSE1987 macrumors newbie

I'm not sure about Express Checkout but you should be able to redeem your card when ordering online according to the information on this link:

http://www.apple.com/gift-cards/

When I ordered my 6+ at launch, this option was not available. However, I spoke to an Apple rep at the 800 number and was told it should available for the watch. We will see.

I was still able to use my gift cards for the 6+ purchase. A few days after launch, I called the 800 number and the rep redeemed my cards and deducted the amount from my credit card charge.

6. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I hope the rep is right about being able to use gift cards. I plan on ordering tonight at midnight and I have a $300 Apple Store gift card that I got for Christmas. I was planning on using it towards my Apple Watch purchase.

7. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

I have $325 spread across two gift cards and I'd like to apply them to the purchase of my Watch, so I'm in the same boat. I don't want entering in the numbers to slow me down and I'd like to be able to use express checkout.

I talked to an Apple rep a few days ago in the online chat and they said the same thing. If I pre-order with my credit card and then call in to the 1-800 number ASAP (specifically before the order status changes) they SHOULD be able to apply the cards to my purchase. No promises though. I'm going to chance it and go that route. If worse comes to worse and I can't use the gift card for the Watch, I'm sure there will be something else from the Apple store that I'll want to buy in the future, so it won't go to waste :p

8. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Thanks for sharing ill call them the following day.

The thing is am afraid that by doing so they end up cancelling order 1 and redoing it credit card + gift card as order 2. Losing my priority in the process.

9. madsci954 macrumors 68030

As someone who's ordering using a gift cards as well and using Safari on my iMac to order, save the gift card pin to a text file, then copy and paste it into the pin field at checkout, that will help save time. Just a friendly PSA

10. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

This is why I am ordering first with the App and my CC. I have a $550 gift card and I will call Apple later on to do an adjustment if I have trouble ordering it that way. Not taking any chances.

11. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

Do we know will express checkout be an option? I'm not using gift cards but want to try and make the ordering as painless and quick as possible so I can go back to sleep figure 3AM is way to early to be up for the day.

12. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

I'm worried about that too but I plan to ask them specifically when I call whether or not it will effect my order priority. I'm assuming they would just edit the current order instead of canceling the whole thing and making an entire new order, but I'm going to ask to make sure.

Another option if they can't apply the gift cards over the phone would be to go to the physical Apple Store and try to return the watch and re-buy it on the spot with the gift cards. Might be possible as a last resort.

13. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

Just spoke to Apple Chat. They told me as long as the order isn't already billed to the CC, you can change from CC to GC. Since this is a pre-order, if you call soon after you place the order, you can easily change it without it effecting your order priority.

I also asked how many you can order and she said it wasn't released yet, but typically it's 2 per household for other releases.

14. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

I just spoke with Apple a they told me I should be able to enter my gift card without any issue...? Either as express checkout or regular checkout.

15. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

Express Checkout is tied to you CC. Apple.com doesn't allow you to store your GC to your account, so I cannot see how you can use Express Checkout to use a GC?

16. Exile714 macrumors 6502a

Any reason you guys aren't reserving the watch for pickup? I've heard you need a credit card to reserve but you pay in store, meaning you can use your gift card when you pick up.

17. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Closest store is a few hours away. And working on the 24th (delivery at work!)

18. Poteat macrumors newbie

Express Checkout Help

Anyone able to walk me through how to set up Express Check Out on the Apple Store App?

19. Mr.C macrumors 601

You can't as its not a feature that is available on the Apple Store app.

20. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

That was my plan too, but for some reason when I went to test it, it wouldn't let me paste! It doesn't want to work for me, so I guess I'm going to have to fiddle with that PIN.

21. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

For what it's worth, I just got off the phone with a rep and he said I CAN use gift cards. He just said it might be a little slower. That gives me a hint that demand will be high.

22. Exile714 macrumors 6502a

At this point, I feel like I shouldn't be "aiding the enemy" by giving advice. So, if you want the 42SS with stone leather loop please disregard...

Anyway, use your gift card on an iOS device using Safari, and make sure saved forms is enabled. Then, go through the process of ordering something with the gift card. When you get to payment, enter the gift card. Then cancel the order and start over. Now the gift card pin will be saved in the payment field, just type in the first letter/number or two and it will show up. It's a good backup to copy and paste, which should be used too.

I'm guessing this might work with other devices too...

23. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Damn. I wanted to spend my gift cards on watch but it will slow me down. I was going to get a sport band and 2m cable anyway so I'll just use the gift cards on those.

24. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Option appears as you turn off express checkout. Only tested on mac

Attached Files:

25. SIUGRAD99 macrumors regular

I don't trust them not to screw up my order so I'm going to go to the store after I receive my watch and return it to my card and repurchase it with my gift cards and put the balance on my cc. They should not have any problems doing this.